Around the holidays, many Christmas movies can put you in the Christmas spirit. Whether you are watching a movie with your family or just want to binge by yourself, you can always resort to Netflix. Here are some suggestions on the best Netflix Original Christmas Movies to watch this holiday season:
- The Christmas Chronicles is a movie about a brother and sister, Kate and Teddy Pierce, who plan to catch Santa Claus on camera. This Netflix Original was first released in 2018. It is a great family movie that will keep everyone on their feet. Kate and Teddy, along with the elves, plan to save the holiday before it’s too late.
- The National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation is a comedy film. Clark Griswold wants to have a perfect family Christmas, so he pesters his wife, Ellen, and his children, to pick out the best tree on the farm. Clark even prepares his house for Christmas with over 20,000 lights and a tree. But, as Christmas Eve comes, things quickly go wrong. Will Clark be able to recover and make it a Christmas to remember?
- An Elf’s Story: The Elf on the Shelf is about a scout elf, Chippey, who helps Santa determine who’s naughty or nice. He takes on an assignment to help 9-year-old Taylor McTuttle rediscover what Christmas is all about. It is a great movie that first aired on Netflix in 2011.
- White Christmas first aired in 1954 and is a musical film where Bob Wallace and Phil Davis put on a holiday show for their army division. A successful song-and-dance team becomes romantically involved with a sister act and team up to save the failing Vermont inn of their former commanding general.
- Klaus is a worldwide hit that tells the story of a selfish postman and a reclusive toymaker who form an unlikely friendship. It is Netflix’s first original animated film competing with rivals, including Walt Disney Co. The movie Klaus is known as a “gorgeous but contrived Santa origin story.” The story follows a spoiled kid named Jesper who enjoys his privileged life that suddenly ends when his dad announces he has to start working for a living. If Jesper can deliver 6,000 letters that year, he’ll be allowed to return home; if not, he’ll be cut off forever. What will happen? In addition, a fun fact about this movie is that the creator, Sergio Pablos, is also the creator of Despicable Me.
Categories: News@the Heart